Residential Property Pricing
Our fixed fees cover all the work required to complete the sale, purchase or remortgage of your new home, including registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property you wish to buy is in Wales. This means that our fees cover all of the work envisaged at the time that the estimate is issued. They cannot cover any unexpected complexity or issues arising during the course of the transaction.
All our costs are subject to the payment of VAT at the applicable rate (currently 20%).
You will also incur certain disbursements. These are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Conveyancer's Fees and Disbursements
We would be delighted to provide you with a detailed, personal quotation. Please contact us for more details or use our Online Quoting Tool:
Please note that the cost of search fees does vary considerably from region to region. Teignbridge District Council and South West Water costs only are shown below. Please ask us to confirm costs for any other part of the country.
Legal Fees for Conveyancing
These are our fixed fee charges, but do note that additional charges may apply, for items such as defected title etc. Please use our quoting tool or speak to our Client Liaison team on 01626 772441 for a tailor-made quote.
Supplementary Legal Fees (if applicable) on sales and purchases
Other Costs - Including Searches
What our fees do not include
Our fees do not include any external costs or any charges that we may incur as part of the process (e.g. estates agents commission, removal costs, environmental remediation cost etc). You will be responsible for those items.
How long will my house purchase take?
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until you can move into your new house will depend on several factors. The average process takes between 1 to 3 months (4-12 weeks).
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are a first-time buyer purchasing an existing freehold property with a mortgage, in principle, it could take as little as 2 months (8 weeks). However, if you are buying a leasehold property that requires an extension of the lease, this can take significantly longer, typically between 3 and 6 months.
Wherever there is added complexity not originally envisaged at the outset, it should be appreciated that additional charges could apply.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in the purchase of a residential property vary according to individual circumstances. However, we have set out below the typical stages involved:
• Take your instructions and give you an initial estimate
• Check finances are in place to fund purchase and contact lender's solicitors if needed
• Receive and advise on contract documents
• Carry out searches
• Obtain further planning documentation if required
• Make any necessary enquiries of the seller's solicitor
• Give you advice on all documents and information received
• Go through conditions of mortgage offer with you
• Send final contract to you for signature
• Agree completion date (the date from which you own the property)
• Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
• Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you (we will always order mortgage monies to be with us at least 1 day prior to completion).
• Complete purchase (on the day completion is fixed – unless a new build property then completion will be on notice)
• Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
• Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
The people involved in Residential Property
You can find out more about the range of services that we offer and the team who can help you by visiting our Property Team pages
We would be delighted to provide you with a bespoke, personal quotation. Please call us on 01626 772441, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our contact form for more details.
If you would like a personal quotation, or any further information about the services we offer, please call us on 01626 772441, email us at email@example.com or use our contact form.